Hi everyone- I haven’t blogged for a few months, as I have been focusing on making more videos for my youtube channel. I definitely enjoy the creative process, particularly the opportunity to be myself in front of the camera. I am going to continue to focus on video production over the coming months, and we’ll see where that takes me. Regardless of the medium I choose, my objective remains the same – sharing my experiences in Nigeria, and my passion for health and well-being.
Let’s talk about this favorite banana bread recipe of mine. Somebody had asked me for a recipe the other day, and I am more than happy to share. This is exactly the kind of dynamic I am looking to achieve with my followers through my blog and channel.
It’s super simple, no-fuss, but it’s so EXTRA in terms of flavor and texture.”
Don’t forget to share it with your loved ones.
Okay, so here are the ingredients:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour (the mix I used was a combination of rice flour, tapioca flour, quinoa flour)
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (I use the brand enjoy life, but feel free to use whichever you have on hand)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of himalayan salt/ seasalt
You can use regular flour if you don’t have gluten-free flours available on hand.
Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash bananas until it becomes smooth in consistency then add almond milk, olive oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- On a separate bowl, combine flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and add the remaining ingredients (chopped walnuts and chocolate chips)
- Transfer to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 50-60 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
ET VOILA! Enjoy!